lykos/* cloaks are available on the freenode IRC network for users affiliated with the lykos project (such as developers). While non-developers may gain a lykos cloak, there is no guarantee that they will be handed out. To obtain a cloak, please contact one of the group contacts on #lykos (public message to the channel is preferred so that all GCs may chime in if need be):
Guidelines[edit | edit source]
The following guidelines are what the above group contacts will use when reviewing requests for cloaks. When the guidelines say
<something>, it refers to any arbitrary string which does not contain slashes and is valid in an IRC cloak.
<nick> must be a nick attached to the user's account (but not necessarily their account name), and
<botnick> is the account name for a bot account.
- Developers (those with push access to GitHub) can have
- Contributors (those who have had non-trivial pull requests accepted into the repository, who have made quality contributions towards wiki documentation, or who have otherwise contributed to the lykos project) can gain the cloak
lykos/contributor/<nick>or a cloak which highlights the particular contributions they have made (such as
lykos/tester/<nick>for those who assist in testing the bot).
- Additionally, anyone in the above categories can gain the cloak
lykos/<nick>instead of what is listed for that category.
- Official bots used exclusively in lykos-related channels can receive a bot cloak
lykos/botis reserved for official game bots (the "lykos" account).
- Bots running instances of lykos (regardless of what channel they reside in) can receive a bot cloak
lykos/<nick>/bot/<botnick>, where nick is the bot owner.
- Non-affiliated users (users who do not fall into any of the above categories) should not receive cloaks.