These are the current rules for ##werewolf and other channels under the namespace. Breaking these rules may lead to a warning or being banned from the channel.
The most important rule is: use common sense. In general, ops' decisions are final – if you wish to discuss your issue in a civilized manner, you may take it to ##werewolf-ops.
- Be nice to each other. No bigotry.
- No sexual discussion or links to NSFW content.
- Avoid excessive swearing.
- Unauthorized bots, public logging and/or related activities are not permitted.
- Automated messages to the channel, including but not limited to anti-idle scripts, away notifications and similar, are not allowed.
- Refrain from manually highlighting people unless you know they won't mind.
- Don't use deliberately confusing nicks. Don't impersonate other players or the bot.
- Don't spam. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Spamming and/or abusing !start or other bot commands.
- Posting text longer than 3 lines, or very long lines. Use a pastebin such as gist.github.com or dpaste.com.
- Posting ASCII art. If you really have to, use a pastebin or link to a picture.
- Posting garbage or other worthless messages.
- Excessive shouting (CAPS LOCK).
- Abusing colours.
- Excessive nick changes.
- Don't advertise other channels.
- Players may not share information or be involved in gameplay-related communications after dying (including dead vengeful ghosts).
- Do not paste gameplay-related messages that came from outside of ##werewolf (such as from a private message with the bot or another player, safe channel, or wolf chat) during the game.
- Don't make tedious hints. Hashing/encoding hints and messing with colors can be uncreative and boring. If asked to stop doing it, stop and find a more fun way of hinting.
- Don't play with clones; only one player per actual person is allowed. Any player found to be using clones will immediately be banned from the game.
- Don't fake gameplay messages from the bot.
- Don't use /whois idle times.
- Don't quit or deliberately idle out after a game has started unless you really need to leave.
- Automatic sharing of game-related information, including but not limited to automated messages to the bot or other players, is not permitted.
- Waiting for timeouts is discouraged.
- Don't idle as a night-acting role. Failing to act at night harms your team and may make it obvious which role you are.